Monday, April 09, 2007

The College of Frustration

This week I got some information that will factor in to my decision on college for next year. But it's not good info. No, I didn't receive a rejection---I received a nullification of sorts. Holland College has decided to suspend their interactive multimedia program for a year, to review it or some such. So whether I would have gotten in or not doesn't matter, because there's nothing to get in to. My decision is now whether to work for another year in PEI and aim to take the Holland College program in Sept. 2008 or to attend one of the Ontario schools I've applied to, this September. Either way, I will be moving home to PEI for the summer at least, as Shauna starts her job at UPEI on May 1st. It's now a logistics decision; I don't want to wait till 2008 as I'm eager to get into the multimedia field as soon as possible, but coming back to Ontario would mean being apart from Shauna, having two rents between us, saddling her with pet duties, etc. At the moment I still have offers on the table from Centennial, Canadore and Algonquin and am waiting to hear from Sheridan and Algonquin on a more advanced program. Hopefully letters will be out this week, as Ontario college admission offers must be accepted by May 1st or they are revoked.

So, friends in Ontario---hope to see you over the next few weeks. Otherwise, have a good summer and I might be back in the province in September. Friends in PEI---I'm looking forward to a good summer on the Island, hope you're around.

3 comments:

bag marla said...

I vote for a May update...you can do it!

Shauna said...

My thoughts on a May update are that you should name it "the house of disappointment" and you should write just a fraction of what's going on, so people will understand, and maybe even come visit us because we are sad and homesick for our friends. Stupid house-buying. Sigh.

bag marla said...

Oh, that sucks...I was hoping for a happy house-type update. Why must everything be sad? Why, why, WHY?!

I can't believe I've been missing you two for about a month now. I still always get excited when I think of hanging out with you guys only to remember that I can't. Sigh.