Sunday, August 27, 2006

My new head


The pirate look


Mulletastic!


The next day

Yup, got rid of the locks. On Friday night over some pitchers of Sweet Oblivion with Shauna, Brian, Sarah, Brenda and Gideon we buzzed my head. The job was carried out in drunkeness, but the decision had been made beforehand. I was tired of the weight of all that hair, of it falling in my face, of it being wet in the morning, of strands of it showing up all over the apartment. My hair has never been as short as it is now, and I love it! No more brushing, no more tying it back, no more fussing, no more all the other things they say in shampoo commercials---because I barely have any hair! And, in going from lots of hair to almost none, you can stop at silly haircuts along the way. Have you ever seen a more rockin' mullet?! FUBAR!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

tee hee... I lurv it :)

Shauna said...

I should correct - I love it WHOLE... before you let some soccer friend put an ELBOW through it! Ohmygod. Don't EVER EVER EVER get hurt again, okay?
(to everyone other than Ryan, we had a little visit to the emergency room tonight and now somebody has a freshly stitched scar on his freshly shaved head)
Oh, the worry. I've become Catherine Ann.

Janice said...

Dude - your hair looks rockin'. And I am a girl who promotes long hair on guys like nobody's business! But this is mostly because it's a little out of the ordinary for guys to have uber long hair, much the same as it is for girls to have uber short hair. But in this case, you've strayed from what is your usual, and it looks righteous!

Someday I'm going to muster the courage to go as short as you have, but until then I will just admire the buzz (as well as the awesome transition mullet) and wish you a swift recovery from your injury! Keep care of those brains, mate!

Anonymous said...

hey nice hair... head? anyway, it seems that everyone i know is shaving thier head these days. lots of ladies too. i had a conversation with one of the women in my class who did it and she absolutely loves it. she says her hair was just getting in the way of people seeing what she truly looks like. anyway, i hope your head is okay...
i just wanted to let you know pictures of my brother's party are posted. there is a nice picture of you, shauna and a mosquito net... http://auralea.multiply.com/photos/album/17
when are you guys coming to ottawa?

Anonymous said...

wow.....I mean, wow. you should have left it at stage two. I would have paid you money.

LOL

Unknown said...

Omigosh! I don't think I could have handled it if I had met you with the long pirate hair. It would have done well with the barbarian theme, but I think the short hair is better fledling wizard hair anyway...

Nice to find your blog!